Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

100 Day Spending Ban.

Starting the 3rd of January I will be going on a 100 Day Spending Ban. There are multiple reasons why. I quit my little paper round job. My spending is out of hand. I'm rubbish at saving!

source

At first I thought I can't do this! But then as I got talking on twitter with some other bloggers about it who are also doing it but are starting today (1st) I thought I might just be able to do this! I've decided to start on the 3rd of January.

Those lovely bloggers are:

Sandra from theblackpearl
Grace from allthatslap
Marvelle from blogofshadows
Natalie from natalieroseanne
Katie from Fashion & Beauty
Alice from Bright Town Girl
Jo from Beauty and the Books
Jenny from Beauty and the Biryani
Anne from Fashiony Nails
Sarah from Writing and Rambling
Claudia from Beauty and the Chic
Linsay from Pandora's Beauty Basket
Laura from lauras haven
Rachel from sweetpealondon
Jayne from What J Loves
Sam from Tiny Paint Pot
Evelyn from We Were Raised By Wolves

That's a lot of people!
(sorry if I have missed anyone out, it was a big twitter chat!)

We can all support each other throughout this spending ban!
Of course there needs to be rules and these can be individual to fit different people. Mine:

1. No buying any cosmetics, body products, hair products etc.
2. If I run out of something I can purchase it but this is unlikely to due having a lot of makeup, skincare etc in my collection! I can also buy essential things such as cotton pads and toothpaste, for example.
3. No buying food or drinks unless there is no other option at the time. Especially no chocolate.
4. No buying DVDs, books or even purchase from itunes or the appstore.
5. No buying clothes, accessories, jewellery etc but I can buy underwear if and only if I need it.

Basicially I can't buy anything, but that's the point! I think I can do it if I really put my mind to it.

In the past you have seen me fail project pan after project pan but I much prefer the 100 day spending ban. There is a definite target and end rather than waiting to use up products.

With plenty of support from the lovely girls joining me and from you followers I'm sure I will get through it. I plan to treat myself once its finished. My spending ban will finish on April 12th, if I have counted right! 
That seems like a long way away but 2012 went faster than I could ever imagine so I'm sure the time will fly by.

I'm also going to start doing shopping the stash posts every week as I start to discover neglected products in  my collection and I will also post a wishlist every week and an update of what I would like and then at the end I can see what I still want. This is inspired by Sophia's 100  Day Spending Ban from tattooedtealady.com

Part of me is really looking forward to this, but the other half definitely isn't!

Wishing myself and the other girls good luck.

Thanks for reading,
Shona x

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar