Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Empties: October 2013


No this isn't an error, it's just a very late October empties. I decided to delay my empties post for October until after my exams as my empties posts are incredibly time-consuming and I just didn't have a whole 6-7 hours (yes, really) to dedicate to a post when I needed to focus on exams. Here it finally is though, as promised! With my November Favourites and Empties to follow shortly! I have finished my exams for the semester, and quite early, so I'm feeling incredibly lucky getting to really enjoy christmas this year. I hope you are all enjoying December as well!


Dr. Bronners - Organic Hand & Body Shikakai Soap in Lavender 710ml
This mega-sized hand and body wash has been in my shower room for about 2 months. I must admit I was a bit surprised so much product didin't last longer, but I must admit I do wash my hands alot as I'm a bit of a clean freak. Besides that this is a lovely SLS free product, fairly cheap considering how much you get and it's fair trade. I love it when I find fair trade products that I can use. I also have another mega-sized hand wash in another bathroom in the orange colour, plus a smaller sized green one now in my shower room. I see no reason for me not to keep re-purchasing. 

Johnson's - Baby Shampoo 500ml
I've used this to clean my brushes with for quite a while now. The bottle isn't really finished, I've just decanted it into my MUJI hand wash holder. It's so much more handy to have it available through a pump when cleaning your brushes, I find. I've bought the Dr. Bronners Castile Soap that everyone's been raving about to try when I finally do finish this. If the Dr. Bronners doesn't work I don't see why I wouldn't return to regular baby shampoo, it really works wonders.


REN - Morrocan Rose Otto Body Wash 200ml
This is some seriously expensive body wash, and it's lovely. It glides over the skin so smoothly and leaves my skin soft like no other. It's such a shame I can't stand the scent because if it wasn't for that this would be my favourite shower gel, ever. Fingers crossed they release something similar with a different scent (Unfortunately I don't like the Neroli & Grapefruit scent either).

Victorias Secret - Ultra Moisturising Hand and Body Cream in Coconut Passion 200ml
I don't really know why I bought these. I especially don't know why I bought two of the body splashes when I have so much fabulously expensive perfume sitting around. But I did. I guess I was affected by being in a Victoria's Secret store for the first time, ever. The body lotions are quite nice though, I'll give them that. And cheap. They moisturise well, smell nice but nothing overpowering plus no residue and it sinks in well. I can see why they are so popular.

Fushi - Organic Rosehip Oil 100ml
I really need to write up a review on this. This is one of my top finds of 2013. I use it on the upper half of my body. It has helped with old marks and scars and leaves skin so soft, smooth without breaking out or irritating it.


Silk'n - Flash & Go Patron
I really should write a little update on this one as well. I must admit I've been rather shit at keeping up my use of this machine, and it's a damned shame as it works, it really works. I'm really hoping I can get a nice routine on this now and keep at it until the summer meaning I hopefully will have a rather carefree summer hair removal wise.

Living Proof - Satin Hair Serum 0.75ml
I already wrote about this in a previous empties post as I got a rather generous sample in New York this summer. The sample lasted for absolutely ages and I fell absolutely in love with this stuff. It smells stunning and smooths out hair without weighing it down or making it look greasy. I'm going to London next week and this is on my shopping list.

Kerastase - Chroma Cristal 125ml
I've had this for aages as it takes forever to finish a bottle. I also don't always use a shine spray, admittedly, but still. This is one of the best shine sprays I've ever used, and it's my second bottle of it. I simply spray it all over my hair before drying and styling it (in concession with other products) and it makes hair super shiny, but without weighing it down. I'd like to try some other shine spray first, but I won't be hard pressed to buy this again.


Tom Ford - Violet Blonde Eau De Parfum 1.5ml
LOVED this. It's a bit of a special scent, as with all of the Tom Ford perfumes, and so I wasn't sure if I liked it or not when I first used it. Eventually I did decide I really liked it, and the boyfriend does too so this has made it's way to my want list.

Marc Jacobs - Lola Eau De Parfum 50ml
I was holding on to the last few sprays of this for a while as I just couldn't bare to part with it. Partly due to it holding a bit of sentimental value and partly because I love the bottle. I've decided to keep the flower, for now, but the bottle is going. I don't think I will re-purchase this as I'm not crazy about the smell these days, though I think it's discontinued so it doesn't really matter.


HealGel - Intensive 30ml
I finished three treatments in one moment - that's quite impressive! First out is the much-hyped HealGel and let me tell you; it's all very well deserved. This stuff works, and it works amazingly well. I apply this whenever I have a break out and it helps remove it, and the beloved post-acne mark as well. Couldn't recommend it more - it's a must to have in your arsenal. I'm already well into my next bottle of this.

Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins - Mega-Bright Serum 30ml - click here for review -
I stopped using this when I started using the REN serum this summer, and when that finished in October I went back to finish what was left of this. Obviously a bit silly, but I love the REN serum so much that I just didn't want to use anything else. I guess that says it all in relation to the Mega-Bright. While I do love the Mega-Bright and really enjoyed using it when I did, the REN really impressed me more so for me I don't think I would re-purchase as I've found something that works even better for my skin, but this is still a good one that would be worth checking out if you have pigmentation problems, especially if you have sensitive skin.

REN - Radiance Perfection Serum 30ml - click here for review -
There's not too much to add to the review plus my description above, but I did love this. I am currently using the Vit C serum from Ling Skincare and haven't decided yet if I prefer that over this. The Ren serum is definitely a lot cheaper so I will have to see how I feel when I finish the whole LING bottle. The REN serum is really good though, so if you are thinking about getting it I really do recommend it - it works.


Shiseido - The Skincare Hydra-Nourishing Softener 75ml
This is a rather luxe sample that lasted me quite a while. And I loved it. It's gorgeous. It's soothing, calming and nourishing. It definitely helps prepare skin for the next step and doesn't dry it out or leave it stripped. Would definitely recommend this one.

Filorga - Sleep and Peel Resurfacing Night Cream 50ml
I bought this to use on nights when I should exfoliate my skin, but just wanted to go straight to bed and didn't feel I had the time for my usual peeling masks. It works very well for that. When using this I would wake up with skin that was really radiant, moisturised and refined. It really helped with the texture of the skin. Unfortunately this has gone past it's best by date and as Filorga is known to be a very potent skincare line I don't dare put it on my skin now so the rest is going in the bin, unfortunately. I don't think I would purchase it again as I don't use it as often as I should, but it's nice. I should also mention it smells gorgeous - like fresh citrus fruits!

Estee Lauder - Re-Nutriv Ultimate Lift Age-Correcting Creme 15ml
Another deluxe sample that lasted me about a month and a half. When the weather really started getting colder my skin got incredibly dry. Nothing helped, not until I decided to try this against my better judgement. I was really scared it would break me out, as it's a really hardcore moisturiser, but it didn't. I mostly used it as a night cream. I woke up with perfectly moisturised and plump skin with a nicer texture. This is definitely a cream I'll look at when I get older.

Omorovicza - Deep Cleansing Mask 5ml
I was really excited to try this after all the raves about it. It's a beautiful mask. The consistency is really luxurious, it feels gorgeous on and leaves skin feeling really clean, but without stripping it. It's a lovely treat, but I can't say I saw better results than with my other clay masks. It could be I would've had to use it longer than the two uses this pot gave. Still, a very nice mask that I would consider getting as mostly a really luxurious treat. It smells heavenly.


Estee Lauder - 65 Sweet Pea 5ml
Don't be alarmed, these don't exist anymore, that's why you haven't heard of it. I bought a set with 5 mini polishes from Estee Lauder (I think it was 5) a few years back. One I finished pretty quickly, a beautiful red, the others I've used now and then, but this one I never got around to using. So I decided to now. Now, pink with yellow gold reflections sounds nice. Turns out, it's a really, really bad idea. It just looks like my nails are infected and gross. It was absolutely disgusting as the gold was so yellow. Ugh.. I took it off after just a few hours. This doesn't exist anymore, Estee Lauder has re-vamped their varnish line, and that's probably for the best.

Harmoni - Nail Polish Remover 150ml
This is just a crappy nail polish remover I bought at a Norwegian store for cheap. It is ok, but not good or great. It took quite a bit of rubbing and product on the cotton pads I used, but it did take it off and it's better than some other horrible ones I've used. It's ok, but nothing I'd buy again.

Chanel - Body Excellence Hydrating Milk 10ml
I've gotten and used quite a few samples of this over the years and I continue to be underwhelmed. It's an absolutely OK product, but for the price and the Chanel name I expect more. Not something I will purchase.


St. Tropez - Tanning Mitt
I don't really self-tan anymore. Not that I've ever done it regularly, but it's been a really long time now. I guess I just can't be bothered.. This mitt though, for when I do self-tan is a big help. It helps the tan go on streak and quite fuzz free. I have a couple others hanging around ready for whenever I feel like getting my golden glow back. This one's going in the bin simply for looking gross.

Supersmile - Professional Whitening Gum in Mint Flavour 12 pieces
I got this as part of my GWP at Bergdorf Goodman (I think) this summer. It was a nice enough gum, I must say. I really enjoyed the taste and it did give me minty fresh breath. In terms of whitening though, I can't really say I noticed anything. I could've bought this again as I am a sucker for everything I use doing something special, but they are far from a must have. I also have no idea how much they are, if they are expensive I would never buy them.


Chanel - La Nuit De Chanel 1ml x6
I quite liked this. If I wasn't so into ingredients and starting to understand what a lot of the things are, and mean for the skin, I probably would've purchased this. However, now I won't. While it did provide nice results, nothing mind-blowing, I know that ingredients such as alcohol and shea butter aren't good for my skin and so therefore I will skip it. Like I said though, it wasn't anything all that special regardless, though nice.

JOUER - Illuminating Moisture Tint in Pearl 1ml
This however, has been on my want-list for absolute ages. The only reason I still won't get one is that I have enough tinted moisturisers to keep me going for quite a while longer.

Estee Lauder - Revitalizing Supreme Global Anti-Age Eye Balm 3ml
Another Lauder product that impressed me in October. This gives really good moisture without being too much and helped rid away my dehydration lines. I used this as my night time eye cream, which is when I usually resort to the heavier creams. All over a great eye cream, especially perfect for anyone just hitting 30 and want to start looking at anti-ageing products for the first time. This is a perfect "introduction" anti-age eye cream.


Clarins - Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in 01 5ml
I love these samples, they are perfect to keep in my handbag. I also love the product. It doesn't moisturise tremendously well, but it does moisturise and it gives lips a nice and more even tint. The smell is also really nice, if you like the smell of cake. I do. I have a few more samples like this, but when those finish I do see myself buying the full size.

Sleek - High Shine Lip Gloss in 317 Magic Strawberry
I don't know if they make this anymore. I got it with my sleek palettes I bought years ago and never used it as it's just so glittery. It's actually quite nice on. It makes lips incredibly shiny, but surprisingly you can't really see the glitter that well. It has gotten a bit of a funky smell so I'm chucking it, and I won't ever buy it, it's just not my personal taste overall.

Shiseido - Refining Makeup Primer 10ml
I'm throwing this away as I haven't used it in ages and I've had it for a while. I honestly can't really remember what it was like, but I think I re-call thinking didn't do much of anything really.

Lancome - Virtuose Mascara in Noir Sensuel 2ml
I don't remember much about this mascara either. I think it gave quite long seperated lashes, but dried out very quickly. I think I would've remembered better if I was wowed by it though. Hm. I guess I'd have to try it again to know. I think it was ok.

Clarins - Wonder Perfect Mascara in 01 Wonder Black 
This is a nice basic mascara. It makes lashes nice and black, adds a bit of volume and lenght. It's a nice underrated mascara and one I would consider purchasing at one point, though I probably won't as there are others I love more.


Dior - Diorshow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum 10ml
This stuff is fantastic. It helps nourish lashes, I really did notice my lashes growing longer when using it, and also provides instant longer and fuller lashes. I apply this before my mascara and apply my mascara after it's dried. It makes lashes look so incredibly long and full - it's amazing! It does make mascara application take a bit longer and you do have to work with your mascara a bit more to make sure it's not clumpy - but it's definitely worth it!

Urban Decay - 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero
This is an eyeliner I got with one of my Urban Decay palettes that I finally decided to finish. I don't really use pencil eyeliner and I only think I've bought one eye liner since I was 15 and stopped using them (the Armani one). However I have a nice collection gathered from GWP and gift sets so I decided to try them out - turns out I love them. They are so much faster and easier. This particular one is also worthy of all it's hype. It really is a gorgeous eyeliner. Creamy, with a lot of pigment and it stays on perfectly. I love it. If I were to ever need to buy an eyeliner this one would absolutely be considered.

Illamasqua - Eye Colouring Pencil in Vow
I bought this very famous eye pencil a few years ago after seeing one of the Pixiwoo sisters talking about it. It's absolutely a nice eye pencil and it gives good pigment on the water line, something that seems problematic to pull off for a lot of other brands. The only grime I've had with this is that it's designed in a way that let's the cap be pushed down crushing the pencil. This is something I've done constantly and it's really annoying. If Illamasqua has changed the packaging since I bought it, which they just might, I would consider buying it again, if not then no. I'm throwing away the rest of this as I think it started irritating my eye as it's old, I almost finished it though!


Clarins - Beauty Flash Balm 50ml - click here for review -
If you've read my review you'll know how I feel about this, and nothing has changed. I still adore the product. I'm throwing away what I have left as it's old and I feel uncomfortable putting it on my face, and it doesn't seem to do much anymore. Clarins seem to love giving samples of this with everything so I have about 20 different sizes of this lying around. If not for that I would've considered re-purchasing, but I really won't have to for a while.

Urban Decay - De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray 30ml
I actually finished this back in June, but I've always forgotten to feature it. I'm not throwing away after this either. I bought the 30ml size when I was in New York this summer and it was almost empty after my two weeks there. Mind you I was keeping it in my handbag and spraying my face with it continuously in the hardcore heat. It kept my makeup on with 40 degrees celsius, that's damned impressive. I love keeping some product in this bottle to keep in my handbag, whilst the big bottle sits on my makeup table. For as long as Urban Decay makes De-Slick, I shall have a bottle, actually two, of this. Holy Grail.


NARS - Laguna Bronzer 8g
I was a bit exited when I finished this as I always am with all makeup products, but not too much. I adore Laguna and definitely see myself buying it again. It gives the most flattering glow to the skin that isn't orange at all. For now I have my Tom Ford bronzer in 02 Terra and the Chanel Les Beiges. I am also currently using up powders that are now too dark as bronzers that I want to finish. When all of that is done I might buy this again. It's just so freakin' lovely.

Clinique - Blush Wear Cream Stick in 05 Shy Blush
To put it very simple; this is old, they don't make it anymore, it's dried out, I never really used it and it wasn't anything impressive. And that's pretty much it!


A whole lot of empties for October! Looking at the picture of everything it's no wonder I've felt like I've been clearing out a lot of stuff and getting more space. That is exciting. It's especially exciting to be finishing more makeup products finally, those really take forever. For 2014 I think I want to have a special "Makeup" category for my tally as I would like to know just how many makeup products I actually finish in a year. I am beginning to see my makeup collection is downsizing a little, though I still have a bit of an overwhelming amount, for me at least. There are certainly people on youtube with far more than me.

OCTOBER TOTAL:
Normal: 18
Deluxe Sample: 8
Sample: 9
Jumbo: 2

2013 TOTAL
Normal: 168
Deluxe Sample: 62
Sample: 112
Jumbo: 10

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar