Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Dear Couture: Mother's Day Advice

I probably don’t need to tell you this, but there’s some pretty bad advice floating around lately. Plenty of women’s magazines and online websites, make up the worst advice for people who desperately wish to cling onto every word. It can be a real nightmare trying to find information that can work for you. Everyone is different and one piece of advice might not work for the next person.

Most of the time, the advice is written by people who don’t have a clue what reality means. I think you’ll agree with me when I say: Ignore the noise and concentrate on a real answer.

During the summer, we are getting ready not just for the latest trends to hit us in the face, or cleaning out our wardrobes for the weather changes. Special holidays are coming up and we must be prepared. Mother’s Day is a celebration honouring the mum of the family, as well as motherhood, maternal bonds, and the influence of mother’s in society.


It is celebrated on various days in many parts of the world, most commonly in the months of March or May. In 1908, Anna Jarvis wanted to honour her mother by continuing the work she started and to set aside a day to honour all mother’s, because she believed that they were “the person who has done more for you than anyone in the world.”


On Sunday 11th of March, Mother’s Day has already been celebrated in the United Kingdom. So for my followers around the globe, this holiday is coming up on Sunday 14th of May. Here is some candid advice from Dear Couture on what to get your lovely mum this season!

Dear Couture,

My name is Victoria and I don’t know what to get my mother for Mother’s Day. I am seriously on edge, since I’m not sure what she would like. She is very classy and loves to do something relaxing, can you please help?
Dear Couture’s Answer: Hello Victoria, don’t panic! I’m sure your mother would love to spend time with you. You could take her to Sketch. A chic London restaurant, from the pink walls to the David Shrigley artwork to the egg-shaped toilets, every single detail fits a modern flare, while still giving off that classy vibe your mother will adore. You might even be tempted to go on every occasion.
Sketch has some classy and chic style.










Dear Couture,

Hey, I’m Alex and I don’t know what to get my mom. Last year, I got her a vase but this time around I want to be more creative any advice?
Dear Couture’s Answer: Alex you sound very kind and honestly, don’t stress. Being thoughtful is easier then you can ever imagine. Instead of buying your typical boutique of flowers and a card. Why not Instagram things up a bit. Take her favourite colour of flowers and place them in a stylish bag. It is unconventional and sweet at the same time. 



Dear Couture,

My name is Johnathan, and since I’m a guy I don’t know what to get my mother that isn’t silly any advice?
Dear Couture’s Answer: Johnathan, don’t feel because you’re a guy you still can’t be sentimental especially when it comes to your mother. Get her a statement of grandeur! Every woman alive loves Chanel. And buying her a fragrance that has the refreshing scent of a white delicate rose, shows how iconic she really is, a legend in her own right.


Dear Couture,

Hi my name is Lisa, and I have no idea what to get my mom. I keep buying the senseless things and this year, I want it to be more glamourous.  
 
Dear Couture’s Answer: Lisa, I’m sure your heart is in the right place. If you really wish to show your mother glamour! Bedazzle her life with some shiny treats. Before you know it you will be transported to a candy shop filled with shiny objects you feel envious to sport. Jewellery isn’t just from your handsome significate other. It is 2017, and anyone can get you a beautiful gold or silver ring, or maybe a bracelet or two. Who is counting I mean it is a holiday!


No matter what you decide to buy for your mother this season, remember it is a day to honour someone who didn’t just give your life, but someone who was always there for you and is pretty special.

What are you getting your mum this mother's day?


Photography by me, Thanks to Sketch London, Sunglass Hut, Getty Images. 


  Written byHeather Lisa Noire

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar