Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

My Favourite Autumn Nail Polishes - 2016

As you know, I love nail polish, seriously, love it. I definitely have colours that I lean towards more, particularly at different times of year. Autumn is my absolute favourite, because it's when everything starts to get a little darker. It brings in the khakis, the maroons, the mustards, all the best colours. 

So today I'm going to share with you, my absolute favourite colours, the ones that I think are not only the best colours, but also the best applying and best finishes. 
We'll start with OPI - I've picked out 'I'm Sooo Swamped' which you'll already know if you've read my review, is a beautiful pea-green shade. It dries with a pretty nice shine, but I will always put a coat of Barry M's 'Plumpy' over the top to really show it off. 
Next is 'I Manicure for Beads' a gorgeous warm-toned purple that carries the same finish as 'Swamped', so as always, top-coat needed. But I seriously get so many compliments on this one. I don't usually think 'purple' for Autumn, so this lifts my outfits up to a brighter level. 

As far as I know, OPI is not cruelty free, so I am going to be trying to find some cruelty free alternatives to use once I've finished these two bottles.  

Piggy Paint's 'Dragon Tears' is similar to 'Swamped', a little more yellow toned and it has a bit of shimmer. LA Girl's 'Groovy' seems similar to 'Beads', maybe a touch pinker. 
This one is Barry M's 'Chilli' a neutral-toned red with a hi-shine belly finish. This like all of the Gellys only takes two coats to be stunning, opaque and super shiny. It doesn't require a topcoat, but I like to add one anyway! This is the perfect autumnal leaf red. 
'Cardamom' is a slightly blue toned green, again, very muted and shiny, perfect for autumn. It's a more wearable khaki shade, less warm-toned more cool-toned. It's stunning. 
Finally I have 'Paprika' this is the Autumn Pumpkin Spice shade. A gorgeous golden orange leaf colour, with spicy pumpkin undertones. This one is one of my all-time favourites and I love it! 

I love that Barry M is cruelty free, and creates beautiful, amazing products like these. If I'm correct in thinking, a few of these shades aren't available now, but they have just released their 2016 Autumn range and I am psyched! The colour 'Passion Fruit' is stunning, and could stand in for 'Chilli' easy. 
But seriously look at 'Black Pistachio', its so beautiful! 

Let me know what your favourites are, would you try any of these? I think Autumn is the perfect time of year for change, rather than 'Spring Cleaning', my Mum and I always seem to do 'Autumn Cleaning' it just feels like the right time doesn't it? 

Let me know if you try any of these out. 
post signature

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar