Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Topshop: 'Neon Rose' Blush

 

I am such a big fan of Topshop make-up. I think they're definitely on par with or of better quality than some of the drug store brands available and everything i've ever bought from there i've been really impressed with. The packaging is just perfect. I love the little dotty cases and the little black boxes with simple drawings and dots all over them as if someone has just decorated them with chalk. 

This time i treated myself to one of their blushes in 'Neon Rose'. I've been searching Topshop's high and low since before Christmas for this colour so it's not been an easy task to hunt it down. But at last, i've got my mitts on it. It's one of their cream to powder blushes which i find of a really nice consistency. Usually, i'm not a fan of cream blushes as i feel they wear off extremely easily and generally don't suit my combination skin type, however the Topshop ones really do glide onto your skin like a powder and don't feel at all greasy or heavy.



  The colour is rather bright, it reminds me of the Sleek blushes they bought out in the Summer - very bright and bold and it really does have a bit of a neon hint to it. The photos are showing it up to be quite pink, but it's more of a midway between a bright pink and a coral colour. You really don't need a lot, a couple of dots onto your cheeks and that should do the trick. Unless you really want to make a statement then i'd suggest being quite light-handed with this as it is very decently pigmented! 


I just love how lightweight these cream to powder blushes are. It feels really smooth and almost mousse-y to the touch. Once on your skin it does settle to more of a powder finish, but gives your cheeks more of a natural flush compared with an average powder blush. 

I'm still undecided as to whether it's converted me completely to a cream blush. I like the colour but i feel it would suit me better with a bit of a tan, and on paler skin tones this may look a little bit harsh. The good thing is you really can build this up so i'd still recommend this if you weren't brave enough to try the Sleek blushes last Summer but fancy a hint of 'neon' in your life.. 


The Topshop blushes are priced at £6, which i think is a very reasonable price to pay for the quality of Topshop make-up (and the packaging is just spot-on). If you're unsure of the colour of this one then i'd suggest to try 'Nutmeg' (this was my first Topshop blush and it's a really nice dusky-pink colour).

What are your thoughts on Topshop's Blush range?
Any recommendations for my next purchase?



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar