Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

My Picks From The Fall 2012 Les Essentiels De Chanel Collection

Hi all!  I hope you're enjoying your weekend so far. ^_^

I didn't expect the Chanel Fall Collection to be available so early this year - I think they normally get released in August in Australia.  So it was indeed, a pleasant surprise!  :D  I purchased mine from David Jones.  An SA in Myer informed me yesterday that they will have their stock available in a couple of weeks.  My experience is David Jones usually get the seasonal collections first in case you were interested. ;-)

What I love about this collection (apart from how pretty they are) is that most of the items will become part of the permanent line, so there's no need to rush.  :)  Without further ado, here are my picks:
  • Joues Contraste (Powder Blush) in 'Rose Initiale': described as a 'peach pink' (more pink than peach) - this was love at first swatch.  I love pink blushes and I can tell I'm going form a wonderful love affair with this one. LOL.  ;-)  Joues Contraste in 'Pink Explosion' is deeper and more blue-based compared to 'Rose Initiale'.  The latter is softer and brighter and it has some very subtle shimmers in it that only Chanel excel at to give you that wonderful healthy glow.  Argh, I can't even begin to really describe it, you'll have to see for yourself!
  • Rouge Coco / Hydrating Creme Lip Colour in 'Caractere': a gorgeous plum-hued rose brown that would easily be wearable and suit those with medium to darker skin tones, but those would light skin tones could definitely wear it too I reckon because of the natural brown colour (just check out the Chanel campaign ad for this which features Monika "JAC" Jagaciak wearing this shade).   It's definitely a very autumn/winter colour, but it also has lovely sheen in it so that it gives it some life.  Beautiful!
  • Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss / Pure Shine Intense Colour Long-wear Lipgloss in 'Troublant': a plum-hued rose brown that will compliment 'Caractere'.  This lig gloss range is quite pigmented and long lasting - one of my favourite formulations.
  • Le Vernis (Nail Colour) in 'Frenzy': this is described as a 'lilac grey'.  To me, it's like a very soft, pale grey beige ('greige'), very neutral to cool toned - it's mostly grey.  As soon as the SA put this on - even just the first, sheer coat I was in love! ^_^  So simple, yet a very sophisticated and flattering shade that will suit most skin tones.  I think this is a great staple colour to have and it's perfect for the office!  You could pull it off with just one coat if you want a very natural, soft, sheer shade because it applies fairly smoothly and evenly.  Two coats gives full coverage and is perfect!  Beautiful, easy to apply formulation.
  • Ombre Essentielle / Soft Touch Eyeshadows in 'Complice': a gorgeous metallic soft peach champagne that forms as a great staple in your makeup kit - it's great on the lid on its own, as a base and/or as a highlighter.  You can't go wrong with this shade - it will suit most skin tones.  I'm glad it's been added to the permanent line.
  • Ombre Essentielle / Soft Touch Eyeshadows in 'Furtif': a beautiful metallic soft dove grey - another great staple for me personally and I love this colour.  ^_^  Greys in general, are very flattering on those with brown eyes.  This would also pair well on the outer corner of the eye lids with 'Complice' on the inner half of the eyes.  The pair is easily wearable for the spring and summer too due to their lightness.

I found that texture of the two Soft Touch Eyeshadows seem to be an improvement on existing Soft Touch Eyeshadows.  It's even lighter, softer and buttery.  I really love it. :)  
Joues Contraste in 'Rose Initiale'
Ombre Essentielle Soft Touch Eyeshadows in 'Complice' (left) and 'Furtif' (right).
Le Vernis (Nail Colour) in 'Frenzy' (559).
Rouge Coco Hydrating Creme Lip Colour in 'Caractere' (left) and Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss (right).

The only items that are limited edition are:
  • Lumiere d’Artifices Beiges / Illuminating Powder with Shimmer: this looked lovely when swatched and actually has some colour in it similar to the Soleil Tan de Chanel in 'Sable Beige' released in this year's summer collection.  (The Beauty Look Book shows a comparison between the two also).  However, I'm still enjoying my current illuminating powders so I didn't need another one.  
  • Stylo Yeux Waterproof / Long-Lasting Eyeliner in Silver Light:  this is a very bright silver.  The SA had this on just on the bottom lash line and it looked gorgeous on her.
  • Both the new Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss / Pure Shine Intense Colour Long-wear Lipgloss in 'Troublant' and 'Caprice'.  'Caprice' is described as a 'delicate pink' - it's actually a very natural looking shade of pink.  It's a very pretty colour with lots of that Chanel shimmer.
To see what else is available in the collection, visit the official Chanel website or Temptalia.com.

Overall Recommendation
In short, I love this collection and I'm very excited about my purchases.  Can't wait to have a really good play with them. *grin*  At the moment, I'm happy with ALL of my picks and would definitely recommend them, but I would say my current 'must-haves' are: the Joues Contraste (Powder Blush) in 'Rose Initiale', Le Vernis (Nail Colour) in 'Frenzy', Ombre Essentielle / Soft Touch Eyeshadows in 'Complice'.  I think these three would easily suit most people. :)  The rest is up to your personal taste and budget. :)

Hope this was somewhat interesting and helpful.

Thanks for visiting. xo ^_^


You may also like...



What are your picks from this collection?  Do share in a comment below! :)


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar