Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Oh my GOSH it's a Pixi haul!

Hello my lovelies, sorry I've been a bit quiet this week, been busy of late and next week doesn't look that less busier!
I had "training" yesterday (Thursday) on a couple bath & body products (part of my job), including brands such as XEN tan, L'occitane, Bliss & Natio. We got lovely little freebies, it was a lovely fun day!
I managed to shop around too this week, at Westfield I picked up massive bargains with the cosmetics brand Pixi, whilst popping into Superdrug I found the nail polish on my wish list - the GOSH Holographic nail polish (549), I thought the polish was sold out/limited edition but I've been on the lookout ever since I saw it on another blog a couple months ago and now I have it! It actually looked like a shimmery silver polish on the GOSH stand so I was thrilled to find it was the holo nail polish =D
At first the texture seems gloopy/lumpy and doesn't feel like it will give full coverage, but after the second coat it looks somewhat normal and by the third, flawless. I have to say it dries exceptionally fast and after I'd tested it out on my nails I couldn't stop staring at how amazing they were, how they shined when my hands moved!

 

The other thing I picked up was a Bourjois metallic eyeliner in "bleu clinquant" (no. 54), as the colour is lovely and I wanted to try it in comparison to the UD ones I use. 
 
Here's a swatch of the Bourjois pencil next to Urban Decay's "flipside" 24/7 eyeliner:
It glides on lovely and smooth just like the UD 24/7 eyeliners and lasted on my hand even after some hand (soap) washes! I hope to do a makeup look with this soon!

Finally, here's the Pixi haul; First up, the brushes I bought: 
Both brushes are double ended and very handy! The eye define & smudge consists of a mini eyeshadow brush which would be great for applying eyeshadow to corners and blending, and the "define" end is a great liner.
The brow fill and brush looks good for the brows, one end a slanted liner brush and the other a mascara/brow brush.


I also got a lot of the Pixi "lip blush" colours, four in fact! Love (a coral-red), Youth (a light pink), Beauty (a neon pink) and Desire (purple). Admittedly, they do look like highlighters, but I'm a sucker for lip tints/stains, so I had to buy them all when I saw how discounted they were!
I also bought a "lip booster" lip gloss in coral red too (I've still got a fetish for coral!), but I only bought one because I wasn't sure if it was sticky.. and after trying it out on my hand I'm glad I did, coz it sure is =(
Last but not least, I bought the "eye zone brightener" and "undercover" concealer.. 
Here's what the packaging says:

The Eye Zone Brightener (EZB), is quite lotion/liquid in consistency and quite light in texture, almost sheer (see pictures below). The concealer however is quite lovely as it is a liquid formula but goes on semi matte compared to my MAC moisturecover concealer which gives a dewy finish that I usually cover with powder to tone down (I'm not a fan of the dewy look!)
Here's swatches of the two products on my hand, first just applied via the brush attached to the product, then blended in with the finger:
 
My hand colour does vary to my face colour so the concealer looks a tad better on my face, and I do love the fact it isn't a shiny formula, yet moisturising enough in a liquid format.

I do hope this post helps with those of you who aren't familiar with these brands/have wanted to try them but haven't!

<3

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar