Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

HBC's 8 ways to a Happy Beautiful Christmas: Week 5

Happy Monday, everyone!

The eyes are the windows to one's soul. 
And through our eyes we can express our emotions more effectively compared to the rest of our body.
My eyes are my most favorite parts of my face that I like putting makeup on because I can pour all my creative ideas on them. I put various colors of eye shadows, eyeliners and the like.

One of my most essential eye makeup is for my lashes. 
When I graduated high school and decided to complete my stash of makeup essentials, the most expensive thing I bought was my eyelash curler (because I was traumatized when I bought a cheap one when I was around 14 or 15 years old... My lashes were cut off!). And of course it was partnered with a tried and tested (by my sister) mascara!

Beautiful eyes that steal the show. Treat your lashes to a week of TLC.

Do you know that mascaras existed way back 3,500 BC? Egyptians used bone and ivory as mascara applicators, and blended kohl with crocodile dung, water and honey to create the first mascara. They were primarily used as protection against eye ailments. Egyptians lined their eyes with kohl and used the mascara to deepen their lashes. Because eyes were believed to be the windows of the soul, they concealed them to ward off any evil spirits and bad energy. (Wikipedia)

A dab of mascara goes a long way. Whether it’s lengthening or volumizing that you’d like to achieve, choosing the right products to hype your eyelashes is essential to bringing out the star in you. If you’d like to sport a natural look, go for clear mascaras. They’re perfect for separating lashes without the risk of clumps. Colored mascaras highlight your lash features like San San Thick Lash and San San Long Lash mascaras. Before putting on your eye-opening makeup, caress your lashes with a curler. Ready to flash those tantalizing eyes? 
Take home the power of three by answering this week’s question:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, 
true or false and why? 


Oooooh... Very nice question.
I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this one!

Mechanics still remains the same! For new joiners, here's what you need to do:

Mechanics of the giveaway: 
  •  Open to Philippine residents only
  •  Must be a follower of my blog  
  • “Like” HBC Facebook Fan page
  •  Spread the news about this contest to others by linking through the contest page to your own blog, Twitter (tag HBC's twitter page) or Facebook (don't forget to tag Hbc's facebook page!)
  •  and leave your complete name, email address, shared links and answer in the comment box below
  • 2 Winners will win the featured products this week ( 1 for best answer, 1 randomly picked)

Here's an example of what your response would look like:

  • Answer: "Type your answer here." 
  • Name: Dawn Catherine Llanera 
  • GFC Name: PeachyPink Sisters (GFC= Google Friend Connect - your name as a follower)
  • Facebook Name: Dawn Catherine Llanera
  • Email: peachypinksisters@gmail.com
  • Shared Links:
    • Blog: http://peachypinksisters.blogspot.com/2011/11/hbcs-8-ways-to-happy-beautiful.html
    • Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/#!/dawn.llanera/posts/235857816476901
    • Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/DawnLlanera/status/134625922782466048


* If you don't know how to get the link for your shared posts in Twitter or Facebook, just go to your profile and click the time you shared/twitted it -- example, "9 minutes ago".

* Winners will be contacted by HBC and their prizes can be claimed at the nearest HBC store.


Happy Beautiful Christmas!



Cheers,
DAWN

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar